- Home Page
- Building Specifications
- Typical Office Layouts
- Available Suites
- About Metcalfe Realty
- Contact Us
Click here to return to
Tips You Should Consider Prior To Renting Office Space
Renting an office for your business may not be too hard, but there are definitely some things you need to know about, before you actually sign the lease. These tips will help you to make the most of your new office space, so that your business can grow and develop into what you want it to be.
Here are the tips you need to consider. We’ll show you…
- When you’re looking for a commercial office to rent, try to get an inexpensive space one: It’s always the best idea to keep your business expenses as low as possible when you’re starting a business, because you will need to focus on quite a number of things when building up your business. You may also even think about joining with another upcoming business to rent an office and split costs, if there aren’t many employees at either business as yet.
- Get a tenant broker to help you make a decision on your leasing of a commercial space. These individuals can help an unsuspecting business owner to recognize some of the important details and factors that have a huge part to play in the lease agreement.
- Pay attention to the ADA accommodations for the commercial office space you’re looking to rent. You have to ensure that if there are any disabled persons in your business, the office is accessible to them. You also have to inquire who pays for your modifications – you or your landlord. If you have to pay for them, you have to ensure that your budget can handle these responsibilities.
- Be careful when signing a multi-year lease. You may have to change your plans, if your business is one which is growing, shrinking or changing. Even if you have signed a multi-year lease, you can actually walk away from it – it may not necessarily be to your advantage, but you can do it.
- Think about renting office furniture and equipment if you can. That’ll help you to ease the costs of the leasing in general, because you won’t have to buy the furniture nor the equipment. The renting of these items is also beneficial in the sense that when they become outdated, you don’t have to be stuck with it.
If you are looking for office space in Ottawa for your dynamic and growing business, then give us a call to speak with one of our office space representatives about our current inventory of great office spaces and retail spaces for your business in Ottawa.