- Home Page
- Building Specifications
- Typical Office Layouts
- Available Suites
- About Metcalfe Realty
- Contact Us
Click here to return to
Reasons That You Should Rent Commercial Office Space
If you have a business, you will come to the point where you are taxed with the question of commercial office space. That question concerns whether you should buy your own commercial office or get an office space to rent.
Most business owners believe that it’s much more profitable to buy an office, but in reality, there are some perks to renting a commercial office space for your business. We’ll show you some great reasons for choosing to rent instead of to buy.
- You would have lower upfront costs to cater for. To buy an office space actually requires quite a big investment of capital. It’s not the wisest idea to invest your capital into that. A more profitable idea would be to invest it into the business rather than into the commercial mortgages (which can reach up to 25% of the asking price).
- If you decide to invest in the purchase of your own commercial office, you may also have to invest your money, time and energy in attaining various other necessary fittings for the office, like the furniture, the installation of phone lines and computer points, etc. Unlike when you decide to rent a commercial office, you are often provided with these things in the first place.
- Leases don’t just come in a standard arrangement. You would have a greater sense of freedom and flexibility in relation to customizing your office space, when you have signed a lease. You will be able to tailor the terms of your lease to fit your needs.
- If you rent a commercial office, you won’t be burdened with such the huge responsibility of taking care of the property. That would the responsibility of the landlord. On the other hand, if you choose to buy a commercial office property, you’ll be left with each and every responsibility. You won’t be safe from the unforeseen problems, bills, etc. You’ll have to deal with them yourself.
- By being a tenant of an office space, you’ll have the luxury of enjoying incentives that are involved with renting. For instance, you may be able to make the most of the services and personnel (such as It support teams and receptionists) that you would have otherwise had to pay for or provide for yourself.
If you are looking for office space in Ottawa for your dynamic and growing business, then give us a call to speak with one of our office space representatives about our current inventory of great office spaces and retail spaces for your business in Ottawa.