- Home Page
- Building Specifications
- Typical Office Layouts
- Available Suites
- About Metcalfe Realty
- Contact Us
Click here to return to
Keep Your Office Clean and Tidy With These Tips
Ensuring that you keep your commercial office clean is a crucial part of your business’s success. A clean and tidy work environment is much more important than you think when it comes to the overall success of your business. It helps with the health and safety of the employees and customers and therefore, increases productivity.
Check out these tips that you can use help to keep your office tidy and clean:
- Clearly and specifically allocate certain tasks associated with cleaning, to various employees. That way, you will be able to ensure accountability and completion of the task.
- Make sure that you leave your desk clean and tidy before you exit the building for the day. That way, you won’t have to meet that (and procrastinate about cleaning it) in when you come back the next day.
- Lead by example. The more you ensure that you keep your surroundings clean and tidy, the more likely people will be to follow your lead and keep their areas clean as well.
- Remember to remind the other workers or your employees to do their part in the cleaning process. Post up a sticky note or write it on the reminder board, so that you can constantly remind them to do what they need to do to keep the place tidy.
- Get some mats for places like the office entrance, corridors and bathrooms, so that the spreading of dust and dirt from people’s shoes and the likelihood of slips and falls will be reduced.
- Make sure that you provide the necessary equipment for keeping every area of the office clean.
- Put a bin in each and every corner of your office (not literally though). Just try to ensure that each employee has a litter bin next to their office desk. You can even consider providing recycling facilities as well.
If you are looking for office space in Ottawa for your dynamic and growing business, then give us a call to speak with one of our office space representatives about our current inventory of great office spaces and retail spaces for your business in Ottawa.