- Home Page
- Building Specifications
- Typical Office Layouts
- Available Suites
- About Metcalfe Realty
- Contact Us
Click here to return to
Commercial Office Design Tips
When you’re interesting in getting a commercial office or building, you should remember that there are a lot of things you need to keep in mind. You want to ensure that you get the best results out of the place that you use and that you’re employees are satisfied and productive because of the design of the office.
Some of the things you need to seriously consider when it comes to commercial office design are as follows:
- Your zone: You need to ensure that the office building doesn’t break any of the zoning laws in the area. You can make sure of this by consulting with your local zoning office,
- Your energy: Commercial offices can use up quite a lot of energy on a daily basis. In fact, Energy Star states that “commercial buildings account for 17% of all energy use in the United States and put out 17% of greenhouse gas emissions in the country.” Take the necessary steps to ensure that your office is energy compliant.
- Your collaboration: If you have a commercial building, ensure that it is multifunctional, so that it encourages collaboration. This can help you to attract more exclusive employees, especially if you have sophisticated new features to offer to them.
- Your technology: Try to add in aspects of modern technology into your commercial office design. This will enable your employees to work more quickly and easily and it will encourage your customers to enjoy their experience within your office.
- Your customer identification: Ensure that you make it really efficient and simple so that your office is easy for customers to navigate and to function in.
We have different office structures and we’re sure we can find the best one for you! If you are looking for office space in Ottawa for your dynamic and growing business then give us a call to speak with one of our office space representatives about our current inventory of great office spaces and retail spaces for your business in Ottawa.