- Home Page
- Building Specifications
- Typical Office Layouts
- Available Suites
- About Metcalfe Realty
- Contact Us
Click here to return to
Ideas To Improve Commercial Office Space Design
Your commercial office space needs to have a design and appearance that portrays to your customers the quality of your business and encourages employees to actually work towards making your business successful. First impressions are lasting impressions, so you need to ensure that the impressions you give to the folks who are experiencing your commercial office space is a great one, because they won’t forget it.
Take these tips and use them to help you make the best of your commercial office environment. You’ll be surprised by the difference they’ll make for your business.
- “Clear some floor space”: Don’t allow your floor space to look cluttered with desks, filing cabinets, chairs and equipment. It looks untidy and unkempt and jammed up. You don’t want your clients thinking “how am I going to get through this mess?”when they need to come see you in your office. Find storage space for items that you don’t immediately need and organize the rest in a manner that opens up the office floor.
- “Turn the tables”: Ensure that you structure your work spaces so that they are oriented in the direction of nature. We mean turn your employee desks to face things like plants, a koi pond, a glass door that looks out onto a natural view, etc.
- “Open up the work area”: In commercial offices or work areas which require a lot of teamwork amongst employees, a good idea is to consider an open work space. You can use a few large tables that employees can sit at and work on.
- “Update the cubicle”: Try things like glass room dividers or tinted/frosted room dividers to give your cubicle a more updated look. Your employees get their sense of privacy and at the same time, feel a sense of imaginativeness and creativity.
- “Go bold with color”: Using brighter colors in the office isn’t a bad idea. The traditional dull colors like, white, beige and gray are kind of going out of style. You don’t have to go all super-bright all over the office – you can just add some accent pieces in order to add some interest to your commercial office space.
You choose what’s right for you and your business and we’ll be right here to help. We have different office structures and we’re sure we can find the best one for you! If you are looking for office space in Ottawa for your dynamic and growing business then give us a call to speak with one of our office space representatives about our current inventory of great office spaces and retail spaces for your business in Ottawa.