- Home Page
- Building Specifications
- Typical Office Layouts
- Available Suites
- About Metcalfe Realty
- Contact Us
Click here to return to
Feng Shui – A Good Trend For Business?
Have you ever heard of Feng Shui? It’s an ancient Chinese philosophy that deals with energy and harmony with the rest of the environment. Architects in Hong Kong even build dragon holes to encourage the flow of positive energy through buildings. All business managers, whether they believe in Feng Shui or not, are pretty eager to have positive energy in the office space instead of negative energy.
Feng Shui isn’t crazy stuff – it has really practical theories and applications that can help improve the environment within your commercial office. We’ll show you.
- Clean, clutter-free, organized space is good Feng Shui and it’s also easier to work in.
- Place a plant at the top, left corner of your desk. The Chinese consider this as your Wealth section and once you have a plant there, it encourages growth. It also helps to permeate the air with oxygen, keeping you refreshed and alert in the office.
- Placing your computer in the front-middle section will increase your business success, because it’s filling up the Career section.
- If your office is at home, make sure it’s far away from your bedroom. Why? – Because it’s bad energy to work near where you sleep. The distance away from your bedroom is a great way to establish the boundary between your personal life and your business life.
- Ensure fresh air is flowing through the office. It serves to keep good energy flowing through the office too.
- Sit where you can get a good view. Don’t sit facing a wall or in front of a door, because energy needs to flow towards you and those things block that energy.
- Never use hyphens in email subject lines, because they’re bad Feng Shui.
- Make the color scheme on your desktop blue and white because those colors represent water and result in positive energy.
- Keep your computer clutter free so you can move through files and folders more efficiently. That’s good Feng Shui too.
You don’t have to use every single Feng Shui method outlined here. You choose what’s right for you and your business and we’ll be right here to help. We have different office structures and we’re sure we can find the best one for you! If you are looking for office space in Ottawa for your dynamic and growing business then give us a call to speak with one of our office space representatives about our current inventory of great office spaces and retail spaces for your business in Ottawa.