- Home Page
- Building Specifications
- Typical Office Layouts
- Available Suites
- About Metcalfe Realty
- Contact Us
Click here to return to
Some Updates on Commercial Office Design.
Let’s take a glance into the future of commercial office design trends. We can figure out how it looks, what it means and how it affects our companies as well as real estate companies. We’re just going to take a quick look at five upcoming trends that are having an influence on commercial offices.
- 1. The New Way To Work Is In Collaboration: The initial energy or the buzz of having teamwork or collaboration within a company is what keeps it from getting stationary. The aim is to keep the company moving up, not just settled where it is right now.
- 2. No More Big Private Office Spaces: Smaller workstations are the new thing. They offer privacy, but are still close enough for employees to share ideas among each other.
- 3. Sharing Private Enclaves: By cutting off a few square feet from each individual employee’s office space, can allow you to gather enough space to organize a general station or a room that all employees can share, like a cozy little enclave to relax in.
- 4. Touchdown Spaces Are What Workers Want: It isn’t mandatory that employees sit at their desks from 9 to 5 in order to be considered productive, because workers are more likely to just use their offices to touch base, but are less likely to be tied to it.
- 5. Management Needs To Rethink Technologies: “Laptops and cordless phones have disconnected the worker from having to be in one place all the time.” Management needs to rethink these issues and invest in more productive work means, remembering that they need to lead by example.
We hope these new trends have enlightened you a bit more. You don’t need to have them all, but just consider some of these and we can try to help you along the way. You choose what’s right for you and we’re here to help. We have different office structures and we’re sure we can find the best one for you! If you are looking for office space in Ottawa for your dynamic and growing business then give us a call to speak with one of our office space representatives about our current inventory of great office spaces and retail spaces for your business in Ottawa.