- Home Page
- Building Specifications
- Typical Office Layouts
- Available Suites
- About Metcalfe Realty
- Contact Us
Click here to return to
These Pieces Of Office Art Are Rather Peculiar, To Say The Least!
We are all aware that first impressions are what stick with our customers, clients and visitors when they come to our business place. As a business person, you want to ensure that your commercial space or office is at its peak in appearance at all times. You may wish to take a conservative approach to this, or maybe a not-so-conservative approach.
Add things to your commercial space to make it a little more interesting – things that will make it stand out from the mundane office designs that you can find here, there and everywhere. Artwork is a great addition that can spice up dull, dreary office scenery. Some offices have taken that to the extreme. Here are five examples of such:
- 51 Astor Place has a huge red balloon rabbit, made by Edward J. Minksoff. Yes, we’re serious! This commercial is reported to be 13 stories tall, 43,000 sq. ft. with rents as much as $115 per sq. ft.
- 915 Broadway’s Lobby has pastel graffiti, done by Sen2. There were two large pop art paintings used to decorate the building’s lobby. They were part of the $1.5 million dollar investment used for decoration purposes.
- 1001 Sixth Avenue decided to add a humorous piece of artwork in their lobby. There is artwork like a huge grape lollipop, a giant melted ice cream cone and other exaggerated, colorful confections. All of this artwork was installed by DOC (Desire Obtain Cherish).
- 20 West 38th Street has graffiti artwork framed in gold, by the name of “Electrocat” which was done by LA Roc (formerly known as Keith Haring protégé Angel Ortiz). It’s an unusual piece which you would not really expect to be in an environment like this, so it definitely draws some sort of interest to it.
- One Word Trade Tower invested in 13 unusual and peculiar art pieces from 5 artists. José Parlá was one of those artists, who actually had a painting that was 90 feet long. It’s one of the largest pieces in the city. Wow!
Well we assume these peculiar pieces aren’t what you’d think about investing in to decorate your commercial space, but then again we could be wrong. You choose what’s right for you and we’re here to help. We have different office structures and we’re sure we can find the best one for you! If you are looking for office space in Ottawa for your dynamic and growing business then give us a call to speak with one of our office space representatives about our current inventory of great office spaces and retail spaces for your business in Ottawa.