- Home Page
- Building Specifications
- Typical Office Layouts
- Available Suites
- About Metcalfe Realty
- Contact Us
Click here to return to
Beating Office Stress
Are you over working yourself at the office in Ottawa? Feeling cramp in your Ottawa office space? Have you been feeling stressed out with the heavy work load? Don’t allow stress to get the better of you. Did you know that too much stress can actually affect your health and cause serious medical problems? Including heart disease, depression, headaches, overeating, and loss of sex drive. Here are some stress management tips to help you balance these hectic times in and out of the workplace.
- The first thing you need to do is to identify the causes of your stress. In a study that was done, the majority of workers questioned confirmed that their primary source of stress was the workplace and the global financial crisis.
- Change the way you work. Finding easier ways to manage your responsibilities can help alleviate stress.
- Start exercising more. Exercise is a great way to ease the tensions of stress. You can go for a short walk, do some stretching or breathing exercises, or better yet; hit the gym before or after work. Exercising also produces endorphins, which is the body's natural way of boosting moods.
- We are in a digital age now and although it’s good to stay connected, we need to learn to switch ourselves off at times. Turn off your mobile. Smartphones have given us the ability to take calls, email or chat on social media regardless of where we are and this isn’t something we need to be doing all the time.
- Taking time out is crucial. This may seem like the most obvious but you would be surprised at just of few of us actually make time to relax. Make sure you use your holidays. Once you get away from the office, don’t get too caught u with doing other things, running around. Set aside some time just for you.
These are just a few of the ways you can eliminate stress. Really and truly anything that relaxes is a good remedy. If we can learn to manage stress better, we can all become far more productive and maintain a healthy lifestyle.